Friday, October 8, 2010

Update!

I have an update to the true definition of 'poor.'
After reading, I now realize that the state of 'poor' can be described as people who do make an income, but it's such a small amount that it makes it difficult to live in a decent fashion.
On the other hand, the very poor can be described as those who have little to no income and have significantly insufficient funds for decent living or even mere survival.

I can also add that often those that are poorest are minority women and children. Another interesting thing I found out is that despite what many may think, laziness is a small reason to the large number of poverty stricken. I was supervised to find out that over half the population of poor people do work atleast part-time. It has even been reported that the middle class income has declined by almost 5% and as we know, the unemployment rate is also at a high.

No comments:

Post a Comment